Zendesk Magento 2 Connector
Zendesk Magento 2 Connector extension provides a seamless connection of your Magento store with your Zendesk account. The extension allows displaying essential information (customer groups, recent orders, purchased items, addresses, etc.) in a sidebar of the Zendesk ticket interface.
Your help desk agents need a lot of additional info to provide a qualified support to your clients:
- whether a client has a registered account on the store
- the current orders of the client (if they have been placed as a guest, or as a register customer)
- the order date and a list of purchased items
- customer groups and total lifetime sales
With such information in mind, support agents have the opportunity to rank tickets according to priority, e.g. tickets from loyal customers can be answered first. As a result, agents can decrease average reply time (probably, the most important metric of agents’ KPI), and avoid any possible misunderstanding with ticket reporters.
Zendesk Magento 2 Connector automatically retrieves the following information from Magento 2:
- Order items: product name, SKU, item price, qty and row total; number of purchased items, invoices, shipments, credit memos (refunds) per item.
- Recent customer orders (date, status and grand total, order items)
- Assigned order Information: order totals, date, billing address, shipping address.
- Customer group and country
- Customer lifetime sales
- Registration information (is\not registered, a registration date)
One-time payment - no hidden or monthly fees.License cost of Zendesk Magento 2 Connector extension depends on your Zendesk plan*:
- $99 - Team Zendesk plan
- $299 - Professional Zendesk plan
- $499 - Enterprise Zendesk plan
- $999 - Elite Zendesk plan
You can check your Zendesk plan at Zendesk -> Settings -> Subscription.
Essential Zendesk Plan does not support Apps.
Have an outdated Zendesk plan? Please contact us for a quote.
*Important: Zendesk Magento 2 connector is designed to be used with an existing Zendesk account. If you don’t have a Zendesk account, then sign up to Zendesk first. Zendesk is a paid software with a free trial (Zendesk pricing). We are not official representatives of Zendesk company and hereby we do not provide any support on Zendesk itself as it does not relate to the products developed by PotatoCommerce. We provide support only on our Zendesk Magento 2 Connector and the functionality related to our product. Zendesk Magento 2 connector extension has no use for people who are not using Zendesk.
Do you provide installation service?
What is the support policy?
When purchasing the license you can get free assistance in installation, free lifetime support and extension updates.
What is the refund policy?
We provide 30 day money back guarantee. Within this period you can receive your money back if Zendesk Magento 2 Connector does not meet your needs.
I would like to have an additional functionality. What should I do?
We are open to hear our customers’ feedback and requests to consider them all when implementing our new products and new versions of the current extensions. So we will be glad if you contact us regarding your inquiries.
A major update of this product will be available in October or November. List of the coming soon features:
- Create tickets from Magento 2 Admin Panel
- View list of customer tickets in Magento 2 Admin Panel
- Customer can view, reply and create new tickets on the storefront. Multiple attachments will be also supported.
- Widget: view item details (product custom options, item details for bundle and configurable products, etc.)
- Widget: shipping and payment method information, including shipping tracking number information.
- 2 Reviews
Good JobGreat extension, thanks for connecting Zendesk with Magento 2. Some options to control the details shown in zendesk would be great.
Must have plugin for a fair priceI was really impressed by Potato team, very professional and fast support. The code is clean, it complies to Magento 2 development guidelines. High price? Oh come on guys! we pay 400 per month (we have enterprise plan at zendesk), so the price is about our month expenses on zendesk, which is OK for such a great and must have tool.
Magento CE 2.1.x, 2.2.x Magento EE 2.1.x, 2.2.x Compatible Browsers Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE8+
3 Simple Steps to integrate Magento 2 with Zendesk
Installation of Magento 2 extension
- Backup your store files before installation (recommended)
- Download the zip-file from your account and extract the downloaded archive. This zip-archive contains two zip-files:
- Extract potatocommerce-zendesk-magento-2-EXTENSION.zip archive
- Copy content of potatocommerce-zendesk-magento-2-EXTENSION folder to your store root directory
- In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root folder:
php /bin/magento setup:upgrade
- If you use Magento 2.1.х, then it is required to restart Magento compile command by using:
php /bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Go to Stories > Configuration > Potatocommerce > Zendesk and click on Create Token button
Installation of the Widget
There are two ways to install the widget - manually or via Zendesk Apps Marketplace. Please keep in mind that manual installation of the widget is NOT available on Team Zendesk plan.
- Manual installation (for Professional, Enterprise and Elite Zendesk plans)
- Installation of the widget via Zendesk Apps Marketplace (for Team, Professional, Enterprise and Elite Zendesk plans)
Configuration of the Widget
- Magento Store Url - Enter your domain without http(s)://. For example, use yourstore.com.
- Use SSL - Enable this option if your website is using HTTPS
- Secure Token - Enter the token here. The token can be found in the Magento 2 Admin -> Stores -> Configuration -> POTATOCOMMERCE -> Zendesk -> API Token. Token is used for authorization and secure connection.
- Save the widget settings.
Need an installation assistance? Сontact us and we will be glad to assist with the installation free of charge.
How the data is secured?
The connector uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to guarantee secure connection between Magento 2 and Zendesk. We strongly recommend you to enable SSL on live Magento 2 stores.
How to assign an order to a ticket?
Add the order number (for example, “10001234”) to the Order ID field of the ticket and save it.
We have changed our Zendesk Plan. Should we update the extension license on PotatoCommerce store?
Yes, it is required to purchase the extension license each time the Zendesk plan is updated. Your Zendesk plan must correspond to the license of Zendesk Magento 2 Connector purchased on Potatocommerce store. Potatocommerce reserves the right to reject all support requests and close customer orders in case of any violation of License Agreement.
Changelog1.0.1 (09 Aug 2017)
* widget: fixed a bug with store code support
1.0.0 (15 May 2017)
- We Recommend