SEO Robots for Magento 2(v.1.0.0)
Website optimization for enhanced crawling and indexing performance.
- Beat content duplication issues by adding canonical URLs.
- Touch up meta robot tags for any product, category or CMS page for efficient indexing.
- Upgrade website localization with the use of hreflang tags on any product, category or CMS page.
Improve Website Crawling and Indexation with our SEO Robots for Magento 2
Content duplication is a major problem for a website SEO as long as search engines only favor exclusive and original content. All websites generate identical content but e-commerce sources are particularly vulnerable to it. Reasons may vary but the most common ones are the wide use of layered navigation filters, the necessity of localizing the same page and dealing with products belonging to several categories at once. These factors may be an obstacle to getting a high website ranking which is quite a challenging task that requires a comprehensive approach. SEO Robots for Magento 2 is right here to take the fight.
First of all, it ensures that the website is crawled and indexed efficiently which means that irrelevant pages (e.g. pages filtered with layered navigation, localized versions of the same page, etc.) are hidden from the search engines. Also it resolves the issues with content duplication by adding canonical URLs and offering alternative URLs for localized pages which, it turn, improves the website ranking.
Adding canonical URLs to the pages helps to avoid duplicate content that impairs website rankings. Canonical URLs help search engines see what pages have similar content and detect the original, or canonical, one.
Robots Meta Tags
The meta robots tags guide search engines on how to crawl and index website pages. They give instructions to the web crawlers navigating them to the relevant pages and leaving irrelevant ones behind.
Hreflang tags specify the language and geographical targeting of similar pages. Once search engines know that there are different versions of the same page they pick the one suitable for the user and show it in the search results.
- 0 Review
Magento CE 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x Magento EE 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x Compatible Browsers Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE8+
- Download the extension from your account on potatocommerce.com
- Extract the folder and copy it to the root directory of Magento 2 store
- In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root folder:
- If you use Magento 2.1.х and above, then it is required to restart Magento compile command by using:
- Go to Stores > Configuration > POTATOCOMMERCE > SEO Robots, configure and enable the extension.
Changelog1.0.0 (released on 30 Nov 2020)