SEO Friendly Images for Magento 2(v.1.0.0)
Optimized product images to strengthen a website’s SEO and attract more customers.
- Drive extra traffic from image search
- Use variables in the change template
- Specify change SRC and ALT for pub/media images
- Configure product, category and CMS pages with different templates
Get more customers with SEO Friendly Images for Magento 2
When working on the website optimization for the favor of search engines many of us ignore images. It’s a shame considering that images can be a great SEO source if configured properly. Multiple studies show that up to 20% of all visitors are driven to the website through the image search which makes pictures a truly valuable asset.
SEO Friendly Images for Magento 2 is a ready solution that guarantees that the images posted on the website are well indexed and ranked higher by the search engines. The images then serve as links driving users to the website and increasing traffic.
Use Alt Tags
Adding alt tags to images is critical for SEO optimization. Not only it favors search engines but also improves overall user experience. All visitors, especially the ones using screen readers or having unstable internet connection will benefit from the appropriate alt tags assigned to pictures.
Rank Higher On Google Image Search
As long as more and more users move towards the visual search we need to be mindful when posting images. Once Google crawls and indexes the site it acknowledges its content. Optimizing the pictures helps Google to get a better understanding of the site idea and composition which results in a higher ranking. That, in turn, ensures that the website appears at the top in search results getting more organic traffic from the image search.
- 0 Review
Magento CE 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x Magento EE 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x Compatible Browsers Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE8+
- Download the extension from your account on potatocommerce.com
- Extract the folder and copy it to the root directory of Magento 2 store
- In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root folder:
- If you use Magento 2.1.х and above, then it is required to restart Magento compile command by using:
- Go to Stores > Configuration > POTATOCOMMERCE > SEO Friendly Images, configure and enable the extension.
Changelog1.0.0 (released on 29 Oct 2020)