Redis for Magento - Installation and Configuration Service
This service includes installation of Redis on your UNIX server and its configuration for Magento. Redis is an advanced key-value store with cache tags support.
- Improves Magento performance
- Replaces MemCached
- Can store data on disk with master/slave support
- Tested on Magento stores with more than 500.000 visitors daily. Performance is stable and great.
Redis is an open source which can be used for backend and session storage in Magento. In fact, Redis replaces Memcached.
Why using Redis for Magento?
• Redis support saving data to disk and main/slave replication. This powerful functionality is not supported by Memcached.
• Redis can be used for storing PHP sessions
• Redis supports multiple databases on one server. Therefore, you can use different databases for Magento cache, a Full Page Cache and sessions, without launching many processes listening on different ports.
• Redis supports libraries of compression gzip, lzf, and snappy.
In other words, Redis significantly improves performance of Magento.
Yes, there are some requirements. Please don't purchase this service if you can't fulfill these requirements.
- Unix server
- Root access
- We never provide any support via TeamViewer or any other remote access tool
- Magento CE 1.8+ / Magento EE 1.13+
Please contact us after an order so that we could proceed with performing the service on your server.
Is Redis compatible with your Full Page Cache extension?
Who uses Redis?
Tumblr, Disqus, Skype, StackOverflow, Instagram, GitHub, Flickr, etc.
What is Redis from a technical point of view?
Redis (REmote DIctionary Server) is a non-relational and high-performance DBMS (database management system).
Redis stores all data in memory, the data access is provided with a key. A copy of data can be optionally stored on a disk. This approach provides performance which is in tens of times exceeding performance of the relational DBMS and also simplifies data sharding.
As first sight it may seem, that Redis is similar to Memcached. It is partially true because both Redis and Memcached store data in memory and provide access to them with a key. Both are written in C and are distributed under the BSD license. But actually, between Redis and Memcahced there are more distinctions, than likeness.
First of all, Redis is able to save data on a disk. It is possible to set up Redis so that data generally didn't save, saved periodically by the "copy-on-write" principle, or saved periodically and were written into binlog. Thus, it is always possible to achieve the required balance between performance and reliability.
Unlike Memcached, Redis can store not only strings but also arrays (which may be used as queues or stacks), dictionaries, sets without repetitions, big arrays of bits (bitmaps) and also the sets sorted by a certain value. Certainly, it is possible to work with separate elements of lists, dictionaries and sets. As well as Memcached, Redis allows specifying data lifetime (both "to delete at" and "to delete in" methods are available).
An interesting feature of Redis is that it is a single thread server. This decision strongly simplifies support of a programming code, provides atomicity and allows running each process of Redis on each core of the CPU. It allows spending very small amount of time (about 0.001 sec) for execution of one Redis operation.
Redis allows creating database backups via simple copying of a dump file. It works even when server is processing.
Redis is not officially supported for Windows platform.
How can I know if Redis is already installed on my server?
You can check whether Redis is installed with 'redis-cli ping' command. Learn more at https://redis.io/topics/quickstart.
You can check if php-redis module is enabled with 'phpinfo' command (http://php.net/manual/en/function.phpinfo.php). If this module is installed, then this command will show the information about installed version of Redis.
Compatibility of Redis with Magento is provided by this library https://github.com/colinmollenhour/Cm_Cache_Backend_Redis. If it is not installed on your website, then your website will not work with Redis.
- We Recommend
Improve your Google Page Speed and GTmetrix performance scores with this powerful solution for Magento optimization.
- JS and CSS files minification (compression)
- Image optimization
- Decrease number of requests and file sizes
- Image lazy load
- Merge of JS and CSS files
- Defer Parsing of CSS
- HTML minification
- Inline small CSS/JS
- ... and many more!
Also available for Magento 2.
Each merchant knows for sure that load times take a toll on customers’ patience. So don’t make your customers wait!
Improve your Magento performance and let your business shine with our Magento Performance Improvement Service.
The service includes:
- Installation of JS/CSS Compressor + Image Optimization extension (regular price $199)
- Installation of Full Page Cache extension (regular price $99)
- Installation of Performance Monitoring extension (regular price $49)
- Qualified configuration of these extensions
- Server tweaks to improve your website performance
- Fixing of compatibility issues between our product and your theme or 3rd-party extensions
A reliable solution to significantly speed up your Magento store. Reduce your server load, decrease page load time and thus enhance website google ranking and sales conversion.
- Significantly speeds up your website. 150ms time to first byte are real! See our demo for the proof
- Cache crawler to keep cache always warmed
- Decreasing server load and reduces hardware requirements
- Easily add a block/page to exceptions list
- Per page statistics
- Clean code
Lifetime free support, bugfixes and updates.Learn More
- 1 Review
Makes Magento Faster!I've read a lot about Redis and I can say that you should go for it IF you want to improve the performance of your magento store. Installation and support was A++ excellent and I highly recommend it!
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)