Convert any custom HTML to PDF file templates! Both templates to customer and admin are supported.
- Add your website logo, change fonts and colors
- Add company and tax information, return policy and whatever you need
- Individual and mass printing of orders, invoices, shipments and credit-memos
- Built-In templates for quick start
- You can adjust page orientation, format and margins
- Shipment tracking information and Right-To-Left languages are supported
- Free lifetime support!
Native Magento PDF templates hardly can be customized. Modifying templates via Zend PDF is like using MS Paint for painting - it is very dumb, it does not support HTML, CSS or any other markup.
With Order PDF Customization extension to Magento, you can convert any HTML-code in a PDF file templates. You can use the WYSIWYG-editor to modify templates. In other words, you don’t need a good knowledge of HTML and CSS to create your own PDF template. For many countries, the invoice is a very important document. This document should contain a well-defined information about a buyer, seller and purchased items.
Order templates (invoice, packing slips, etc.) should also contain a lot of other obligatory information, such as your website logo, company address information, tax details, return policy and so you. Make your PDF files stylish and fit your brand! You can change fonts, colors, layout, insert images. You can do everything with Order PDF Customization Magento extension.
- Convert custom HTML code to PDF templates
- Print orders, invoices, shipments and credit memos in bulk via mass-action
- Built-In HTML templates for quick start
- You can adjust page orientation, format and margins
- Preview PDF from backend
- List of additional variables is available in just one click
- Shipment tracking information is supported
- Right-To-Left languages are supported
- Print packing slips (orders without invoices)
- Multistore support
- We use wkhtmltopdf library. Therefore, there are no limitations - you can use any HTML and CSS code!
You can create and modify templates for the following PDF files
- Invoice to Customer
- Invoice to Admin
- Shipment to Customer
- Shipment to Admin
- Credit Memo to Customer
- Credit Memo to Admin
- Order to Customer
- Order to Admin
- Lifetime free technical support
- Free installation service included
- 30-day moneyback guarantee
- 5-minute installation
- The extension does NOT use Magento Rewrites. This fact greatly reduces the possibility of conflicts with other extensions.
- Lifetime free extension updates
- The code of the extension is open
- 3 Reviews
Great supportVery good extension, no any bugs found. Anastasia was very friendly, she answered all my questions quickly.
Great support and even better extension!I wanted to have different templates for admin and for buyers - and this extension helped a lot! It is easy to change templates, even a novice can use it (basic stuff).
Nice extension and excellent support!I've spent hundreds of dollars on a developer from Odesk who was trying to customize default order pdf templates, and the result was not as good as I wanted.
Then I tried to find another way out. I tried this extension and it met my requirements. The one thing that I love about this extension is that I can customize PDF templates by myself, although I am not a programmer at all!
Write Your Own Review
Magento CE 1.5.*, 1.6.*, 1.7.*, 1.8.*, 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206, 1.9.3* Magento EE 1.11.*, 1.12.*, 1.13.*, 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168, 1.14.3.* Compatible Browsers Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE8+
We recommend you to backup your store before installation
- Go to magento admin and disable compilation (Systems > Tools > Compilation > 'Disable' button) and flush store cache (System > Cache Management > 'Flush Magento Cache' button)
- Download the extension package from your account and extract the downloaded archive.
- Copy the content of extracted folder to your store's root directory
- Flush store cache again
- Log out from the backend and log in again.
- If you want to enable compilation, then you should run compilation process (Systems > Tools > Compilation > 'Run Compilation Process' button).
- Go to extension configuration (System > Configuration > PotatoCommerce Extension > Print PDF ), enable and configure the extension.
You need to download it at http://wkhtmltopdf.org/downloads.html. You need to use at least 0.12.2.1 version of the library (our extension will not work correctly with previous library versions).
Wkhtmltopdf installation guide is available on this page.
You also need to enable "exec" function.
The extension will check if the library is installed and if the extension can run "exec" function. It will let you know if something goes wrong.
- Flush store cache again
- Path to "Wkhtmltopdf" is a full path to wkhtmltopdf library.
- Page Orientation and Page Format - These option set page orientation like (Portrait/Landscape) and page format (A4/Letter) for PDF templates. If you need more formats please let us know.
- Margin Left, Margin Top, Margin Right, Margin Bottom - These options set margins for PDF templates.
How to create and modify templates?
Please do not modify default templates at app/locale/en_US/template/pdf because those files will be overwritten once you update to a new version of the extension. If you ever changed them, then make a backup of that modified templates prior to making an update.
We recommend creating new templates basing on default templates or from scratch.
To create or modify existing template you need do the following:
1. Go to Sales > Print PDF > Templates
2. Click on “Add Template” button
3. Select one of the templates from the first dropdown (e.g. “Invoice to Customer”)
4. Select a locale
5. Click on “Load Template” button
6. Give template a title and modify the template as you wish
7. To add a variable you need to click on “Add Variable” icon:
8. The list of variables is enhanced with some additional variables:
9. To preview a template you need to click on “Preview” icon
10. Save the template
11. Go to extension configuration (Sales > Print PDF > Settings) and select the template you’ve just created, which is “Invoice > Template for Customer” in our case.
12. That’s all! Enjoy!
If you need to use Farsi, then you just need to add appropriate encoding and other meta-tags to a template.
Data for templates preview
By default extension uses data from the first met order (invoice, shipment, credit memo). But if you need to test template for a particular data, then you can specify its data at Sales > Print PDF > Settings > Preview.
+ mass-action added
After installing this extension my store gives error or a blank page.
Go to Magento Backend, Flush Store Cache (System > Cache Management> 'Flush Magento Cache' button), Logout and Login again.
Why does your extension use Wkhtmltopdf library?
Most of our competitors use TCPDF library. We have made an analyse now we can claim that library we use is much better than TCPDF library which is used by our competitors. Why? There are some advantages:
- Unlike TCPDF which has a lot of limitation, Wkhtmltopdf has no limitations. You can use any HTML & CSS code in your templates.
- Wkhtmltopdf library supports external scripts;
- Wkhtmltopdf works faster because system utilities work faster than PHP-script.
Is there any HTML tags that I can’t use?
No, you can use any HTML or CSS code in your templates. You can insert any blocks or widgets as well.
How can I add Bar-Code/QR-Code to a template?
Our extension does not insert bar/qr-codes itself. But if you have some kind of 3rd-party widget or variable that generates such qr/bar-codes, then it can be added to a template and will be successfully handled by our extension.
Does your extension support multi-store?
Yes, it does. To set some template for a particular storeview you need to select scope at Sales > Print PDF > Settings and specify the template.
Is it compatible with SUPEE-6788 security patch?
Yes, this extension is compatible with this patch.
How to add Arabic / Chinese / Russian / etc. language support?
Please refer to this article