Password Strength Meter(v.1.1.1)
Password Strength Meter - Magento extension that can check if customer's password is strong enough. It displays hints and strength bar.
- Validate password strength on the fly
- Works both for customers and admins
- "Show Password" checkbox
- Set different password complexity for admins and customers
- Forbid using name/email in passwords
Password Strength Meter extension for Magento
Password strength meter extension for Magento helps customers to check if their password is strong enough. It displays hints and block which visualizes the password strength with an appropriate color (red > orange > yellow > green > dark green).
Why is it important to have this functionality?
Web shops are dealing with personal data, and sometimes even credit card details. Therefore, today requires from store owners to ensure the protection of the information received from the client.
You can not allow your customers to be reckless. Password strength meter extension provides useful tips, and helps users to create a secure password (if the current password is too simple). Password requirements appear on the fly so that customers don’t have to click on the “Register” button all the time to verify the registration form, thus making a sign-up process simpler and faster. Our extension reminds customers about the importance of a strong and long password.
Checking password complexity
The administrator can change the requirements to passwords: the minimum password length, whether uppercase letters, numbers and special characters are required.
Forbid using parts of name/email in a password (NEW!)
It is necessary to care about complexity of customer and admin passwords. People often use a part of their email or name in their password which makes it easier for bots to hack this account.
Prompt tips on the fly
Customers/admin will not have to click on the submit button to confirm their password. All tips are appearing while typing.
Admin password support (NEW!)
Use password strength meter when admin password is being changed.
"Show password" checkbox
A customer/admin can view the password unmasked. This feature helps people to reduce typos.
Hide password confirmation field
This field is optional if the user has the ability to "Show password".
Supported storefront pages:
- My Account > Change Password
- Checkout Registration
- Reset Password
Supported admin pages (NEW!)
- Create/Edit an Admin
- Reset password for an Admin
- Customer > Change Password
- 1 Review
Magento CE 1.5.*, 1.6.*, 1.7.*, 1.8.*, 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168, 1.9.3* Magento EE 1.11.*, 1.12.*, 1.13.*, 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199, 1.14.3.* Compatible Browsers Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE8+
- We recommend you to backup your store before installation
- Go to magento admin and disable compilation (Systems > Tools > Compilation > 'Disable' button) and flush store cache (System > Cache Management > 'Flush Magento Cache' button)
- Download the extension package from your account and extract the downloaded archive.
- Copy the content of extracted folder to your store's root directory
- Flush store cache again
- Log out from the backend and log in again.
- If you want to enable compilation, then you should run compilation process (Systems > Tools > Compilation > 'Run Compilation Process' button).
- Go to extension configuration (System > Configuration > PotatoCommerce Extension > Password Strength Meter ), enable and configure the extension
- Flush store cache again
Q: After installing "Password Strength Meter " extension my store gives error or a blank page.
A: Go to Magento Backend, Flush Store Cache (System > Cache Management> 'Flush Magento Cache' button), Logout and Login again.
Q: Is this extension compatible with SUPEE-6788 security patch?
A: Yes, Password Strength Meter extension is compatible with this patch.
If FAQ did not help you, please, contact us with detailed information about your issue.
- 1.1.1 - 14 June 2017
- 1.1.0 - 22 March 2017
+ Admin password support
+ Change customer's password in admin panel support
+ Ability to forbid using part of name/email in password
- 1.0.2 - 03 May 2016
- 1.0.1 - 13 Aug 2015
- 1.0.0 - 19 May 2015
- We Recommend