Full Page Cache(v.1.5.6)
A reliable solution to significantly speed up your Magento store. Reduce your server load, decrease page load time and thus enhance website google ranking and sales conversion.
- Significantly speeds up your website. 150ms time to first byte are real! See our demo for the proof
- Cache crawler to keep cache always warmed
- Decreasing server load and reduces hardware requirements
- Easily add a block/page to exceptions list
- Per page statistics
- Clean code
Lifetime free support, bugfixes and updates.
Reliable and robust solution to significantly speed up your Magento store.
Each visitor of a web-store is a potential buyer. It is very important to load a webpage as fast as possible because a potential buyer can leave your website because of slow website performance. The main purpose of Full Page Cache (FPC) extension is to prepare cached version of Magento storefront pages. In other words, the extension is aimed to provide the minimum response time Time to First Byte, TTFB).
The TTFB of a basic (“clean”) installation of Magento is about 2 seconds. If you install any popular custom frontend theme, then TTFB will be about 10 seconds. FPC extension remarkably decreases TTFB. Sales conversion depends directly on load time because a delay in page load may result in losing customers. That’s why installation of Full Page Cache extension is a must today.
Speed up your website
Significantly decrease a time needed to prepare a requested web page, which will make your website faster.
Full Page Cache Crawler
Cache can be outdated or expired. To keep cache always warmed you need to have an automatic crawler which emulates visiting each cacheable page of your website and, therefore, generates cached content for real customers.
Decrease server load
Returning cached version of a webpage is an easier operation for web-server than generating an entire web-page. Full Page Cache reduces server load when it's live. In its turn, it generates more revenue due to bounce rate decreasing.
Easily exclude any block/page from caching
Sometimes you need to exclude some none-native block from caching. The extension API allows making compatibility with any 3rd-party extension easily.
Statistics: Per page, cache hit&miss
Cache status and hit/miss statistics will let you know if FPC is working properly.
Usually, some content is common but may differ a little. With our FPC extension you can split cache by for customer group, currency, http/https, desktop/mobile, store views and even specified user-agents.
Free and lifetime technical support
Unlike other developers of Magento extensions, we offer you a guarantee that you will not stay with compatibility issues on your own. We will help you for free at any time.
We've been developing Magento extensions since 2010. And we are fans of clean and effective code. Our huge experience and positive customer feedback allows us to claim that our extensions are of very good quality.
Best with Compressor
Why Magento stores need Full Page Cache?
Optimization of website performance has become one of the biggest ecommerce trends because the negative impact of poor performance can negate all your efforts on the design and marketing.
Our Full Page Cache extension allows caching pages automatically making a website content always warmed;, i.e. all pages will be already cached. Cache can be warmed automatically by cron.
Some of webpage blocks must not be cached. They are dynamic blocks which are unique for each customer or a customer group. Our Full Page Cache extension can recognize dynamic elements at all standard themes. It is often called full page cache hole-punching.
Moreover, the extension has API to indicate a block of your custom theme that needs to be treated as a dynamic. If you need to exclude some block from caching (to make some block of a dynamic type) please refer to the FPC API User Guide below or drop us a line.
We are always ready to help our clients. We listen for feedback to constantly improve our Full Page Cache extension. That's why the FPC extension is so reliable and the fastest on the market.
Page load speed does matter
- Customers don't like slow sites.
According to surveys done by Akamai and Gomez.com, 47% of web users expect a site to load in 2 seconds or less, and they tend to abandon a site if it isn't loaded within 3 seconds.
According to a survey by Radware, 51% of U.S. customers says if a site is too slow they will not place an order.
Full Page Cache extension by PotatoCommerce improves your website speed and helps you to keep your users engaged by providing a fast performing website!
- Search engines don't like slow sites. It's not a secret that Google factors speed into search ranking.
- Mobile page speed is also matters, and the importance of mobile-friendly and mobile-fast websites will continue to be a crucial moment for customers and search engines. According to blog.kissmetrics.com, "40% of mobile users exit a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to be loaded.
Our Full Page Cache extension has a feature that allows to separate cache for each user-agents. Thus, each device will use an appropriate cache and it will speed up your store for this very device.
Review from our customer: "The fastest Full Page Cache extension for Magento I've ever used. In the past, I used Varnish Cache in Magento, but there is no need for it now. The speed is very similar comparing to Varnish and Potato FPC. I have the A grade in speedtestpage.org for First Byte. Google Insights don't show any speed warnings either so I'm happy with it. My tests show Potato FPC is 75% faster than LestiFPC and 20% faster than Mirasvit FPC. The extension code looks very clean and module settings are limited. Perhaps this is the key to the success. I strongly recommend using the Potato compressor as well."
Why should you choose Full Page Cache by PotatoCommerce
The main difference of our extension from its analogs is that we always improve our Full Page Cache Magento extension. FPC is one of our strategic products, and we invest a lot in it. We receive valuable customer feedback and we do our best to consider it in development.
From the technical point of view, the difference is the following:
- We have chosen a realization that is focused on reaching minimum TTFB (time to first byte, response time in other words);
- Easy-to-use and well-documented FPC API User Guide, which allows easily make a compatibility with some 3rd-party extension;
- We have paid a lot of attention to cache control (flush by tag, events; cache size);
- Our FPC extension has built-in cache warmer, while some other vendors ask you to purchase a separate extension, which is obviously must be a part of FPC extension. Our crawler is better than any other because our crawler warms most popular pages first. Thus, your top pages will be cached first if cache flushed or expired;
- We offer free lifetime support. It includes free installation and extension configuration. We are always ready to give an advice or fix some technical issue, even if it does not relate to our extension;
We also recommend switching to our product if you use Magento Enterprise because our extension is way better than Magento Enterprise built-in FPC module.
By the way, we offer 50% discount to all merchants who are currently using another paid FPC solution on their website.
How quick my website will be after installation of your Full Page Cache extension?
There a lot of Full Page Cache extensions on the market, but all of them toward one goal - improve the Time to First Byte. The final loading time depends on many parameters, and TTFB is one of the most important ones. However, most of the extension providers mislead potential customers by promising improbable results. To reach best results, improving TTFB may be not enough - you need to optimize many other things (learn more in this article).
You can try this simple test to estimate expected performance of our FPC extension:
- Save some web-page (e.g. home page) as HTML to root folder of your Magento installation on your server.
- Open this saved page (like www.yourwebsite.com/yoursavedpage.html) in your browser and measure TTFB value (you can use gtmetrix.com service to generate a report, then go to "waterfall" tab to see the TTFB). Let's consider this TTFB value as a reference for your server, because server returns a ready-made content. This value can be improved only by web-server optimization.
- The estimated expected loading speed after installation of our FPC extension is the reference + 100ms. We believe that you can admit that it's a great value for a website on Magento platform.
Is there is a feature that keeps cache always warmed in your Full Page Cache module?
Yes, our extension has Cache Crawler which has a number of useful settings.
How does the FPC Crawler work? How can I make pages cached?
Pages are cached automatically when a user open a page of your website in browser, or when page visit is simulated by FPC Crawler. Full Page Cache Crawler uses Magento cron to automatically generate cache of pages. Our extension is generating cache for the most popular pages first.
How to install the extension?
A step-by-step installation is described in the User Guide.
Do you offer a trial period?
We don't offer trial periods. However, we offer 30-day money back guarantee.
Do you offer support and installation?
Yes, it comes with free installation and free lifetime support. To learn more please refer to our customer service policy.
Can I use this extension on different Magento installations?
The license of usage is the following: one purchase of our product allows you to use the product on one Magento live domain. To learn more please refer to the License Agreement.
Is it compatible with Redis and your JS/CSS Compressor extension?
Of course, our extension works with Redis for Magento. JS/CSS Compressor Magento extension will be a must-have addition to any Magento website. It works with Full Page Cache like a charm. Our FPC extension is compatible with all caching tools that are supported by Magento and configured at app/etc/local.xml.
Is there is a way to exclude certain block from caching (hole-punching feature)?
Please refer to the FPC API User Guide. If you are a techy guy or if you have a developer, then the issue can be easily fixed within 5 minutes. But if you don't, then drop us a line and we will make a solution shortly.
Do I need to flush cache every time I save a product?
No. Cache lifetime is 3 days by default. Cache can be flushed manually (using interface on Cache Management page) or automatically upon the following events:
- Save/Delete product (flushing product page cache and category page cache where this produce is visible)
- Save/Delete category (flushing category page cache )
- Save/Delete CMS Page (flushing cms page cache )
- Review save (flushing product page cache and category page cache where this produce is visible)
- Product attributes update (flushing product page cache and category page cache where this produce is visible)
- Product stock update (flushing product page cache and category page cache where this produce is visible)
- Flush of images cache (Flush Catalog Images button)
Path to the settings: System > Configuration > Full Page Cache
Max. Cache Size (Mb) – This option specifies the maximum cache size. 500Mb is usually enough for an average website (up to 20k products). The more the value, the more pages can be cached.
Use Mobile Detect – If enabled, then cache will be separated for mobile and desktop devices. Our extension uses MobileDetect library to detect mobile devices. Enabling this option is needed if you use a different theme for mobile devices. If your theme is responsive, then enabling this feature is not required. Please note, that enabling this option will double cache size.
Separate Phone/Tablet Devices – If enabled, then mobile cache will be separated on mobile & tablet cache. Please note, that enabling this option will increase cache size.
Crawler - Automatic Cache Generation
Crawler Thread Number – A number of simultaneously run HTTP(S)-requests. The possibility of increasing that value depends on your server hardware, processes and architecture. Usually, one thread is enough to cache ~720 pages per hour.
Number of pages per cycle – Crawler can be terminated by your server if max_execution_time reached. If this happens, then try decreasing option value or increase max_execution_time.
Run Crawler For Customer Group(s) – You can unselect some customer groups at this option if there is no need to cache pages for some customer groups (unused, system, etc.). It will decrease total cache size and the crawling time.
Run Crawler For Protocol(s) – Select all if you want to cache HTTPS pages (not recommended).
Enable Crawler Logging – Enabling this option will create “var/log/po_fpc_crawler.log” file with detailed information about the process. This file contains visited URLs and request parameters.
User Agents Used for Crawling Pages – The user agent which warm your cache. You can play with this option to warm mobile cache only, for example.
Source – Use database or sitemap as a source to retrieve URLs for the Crawler.
Clear Queue – Clear the queue of the crawler.
Enable Page Cache Debug – This option enables a block on storefront that displays TTFB each time you refresh a page:
Ip Address(es) (comma separated) – Specify IP Address(es) here to display this block only for particular visitors.
The path to full page cache management is System > Cache Management. This page contains a detailed information about cache state and size. Cache is grouped by store-view, customer group and currency, http/https and desktop/mobile.
You can also flush cache by some tag at this page.
Hit/Miss statistics of FPC
You can track crawler performance using "cache hit/miss" statistics. Red blocks show number of views with Cache Miss. Blue blocks show number of views with Cache Hit.
Cache status of each page and view count
At this page you can see all storefront pages, its cache status and view count. The FPC Crawler will warm pages according to views count so that most popular pages will be better warmed.
Full Page Cache extension workflow
- A customer requests a page.
- Magento loads basic configuration and checks if there is a cache for the requested page.
- If the requested page has already been cached, then Magento return cached version of the page.
- If the requested page has not been cached yet, then:
* Magento loads configuration of installed modules and prepares content of the requested page.
* The prepared page is being cached
* The page is being returned to the customer.
- Customers don't like slow sites.
- 20 Reviews
Excellent serviceI've tested quite a few FPC extensions, this one is the one that best fitted our needs.
Customer service and post sale assistance /support is absolutely at top.
Thank you guys, I'll definitely buy from you again
The best robust solutionI am using it on a large catalog site and performs excellently.
5 stars support. Good comprehent responses. Helped me to set it up and tune it.
Very powerful and simple to use it. Well done potatocommerce. Thank you
Great Extension! Great Support!I got this extension almost 4 months ago. I installed it myself and it worked fine with no need to contact their support.
Recently I noticed a little problem on the backend cache hit/miss statistics graphic. The suppor quickly fixed the problem and even took the time to explain what the problem was and what they did to fix it.
I am very impressed with the quality, attention and speed of their support to solve my problem!
I highly recommend the company and their product!
Excellent Extenstion which Makes My Website Much Faster!I bought this extension alongside with PotatoCommerce JS & CSS Compressor.
...and it was one of the best moves I did for my webshop. It loads much faster now! Here's why:
Firstly, awesome support, I highly recommend them! They have short response time and professional staff.
Secondly, they installed the extension and did some tests, so that everything works like a charm.
Thirdly, their technical staff helped me solve some other issues I had on my server (unrelated to their extension!).
All in all I gave them only 5 stars because there's no option to give them 10.
VERY GOODThey installed extension. There is no install fee :). All of my request has been replied politely. Thank you. About performance, I can say that potato is certainly better than Mirasvit. I was using mirasvit in my 220.127.116.11 web site and I wasnt happy. After installed Potato Main page is coming about 2 seconds. You dont need to measure, you can feel the speed is better. I like research and
I am really happy to choose Potato, I really appreciate their support and extension. I absulately recommend extension, If you compare with mirasvit dont think and choose this one. Better module, better price. Thank you again.
Magento CE 1.5.*, 1.6.*, 1.7.*, 1.8.*, 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124, 1.9.3* Magento EE 1.11.*, 1.12.*, 1.13.*, 126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52, 1.14.3.* Compatible Browsers Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE8+
We offer free installation service. If you want us to help you with installation, then just drop us a line.
- We recommend you to backup your store before installation
- Go to magento admin and disable compilation (Systems > Tools > Compilation > 'Disable' button) and flush store cache (System > Cache Management > 'Flush Magento Cache' button)
- Download the extension package from your account and extract the downloaded archive.
- Copy the content of extracted folder to your store's root directory
- Flush store cache again
- Log out from the backend and log in again.
- If you want to use Cron for cache warming, then you need to make sure that cron is set up.
- If you want to enable compilation, then you should run compilation process (Systems > Tools > Compilation > 'Run Compilation Process' button).
- Go to System > Cache Management and enable 'Potatocommerce Page Cache'.
- Flush store cache again
Update Full Page Cache to the latest version
- Go to "My account" > "My Downloadable Links" and download the latest release of Full Page Cache extension
- Go to FPC extension settings and check if Daemon button displayed. If it is displayed, then stop the Daemon. If it is not displayed, then just go to next step;
- Disable Compilation (System > Tools > Compilation > Disable);
- Unzip the package and copy extension files (overwrite old files);
- Flush cache;
Q: After installing "Full Page Cache" extension my store gives error or a blank page.
A: Go to Magento Backend, Flush Store Cache (System > Cache Management> 'Flush Magento Cache' button), Logout and Login again.
Q: There is a block at my website that does not update after customer’s actions. How can I fix it? How to exclude block from caching?
A: Please refer to FPC API User Guide section at Description tab. If you are a techy guy or if you have a developer, then the issue can be easily fixed within 5 minutes. But if you don’t, then drop us a line and we will make a solution shortly.
Q: How to calculate the time required to warm cache for all pages?
A: You can calculate cache warming time this way: (uncached page loading time * a number of pages) / "Crawler Thread Number" = estimated time of continuous work of the FPC crawler (in seconds). For example, If an uncached page is loading on your website within the 8s, it will require 36 hours to open and cache 16181 pages in a single thread ( "Crawler Thread Number" = 1). The good news is, our FPC extension is caching the most popular pages first.
Q: How to speed up cache warming?
1) Speed up the loading of pages without cache (via optimizing theme and eliminating/optimizing slow 3rd-party modules, using CDN, using Compressor, using Redis, etc.)
2) Increase the "Crawler Thread Number" parameter based on the capabilities of the server and web theme.
Q: Where can I see the work history of FPC Crawler?
1) Enable the option "Enable Crawler Logging" in the "Crawler - Automatic Cache Generation" section of the FPC settings
2) Log file of FPC Crawler can be viewed here - var/log/po_fpc_crawler.log.
Q: Is Full Page Cache compatible with a CDN?
A: Yes, it is.
Q: How to uninstall the Full Page Cache extension?
A: To uninstall FPC extension please do the following:
- disable compilation
- disable cache
- flush cache
- delete extension files:
app / etc / potato_fpc.xml
app / etc / modules / Potato_FullPageCache.xml
app / locale / en_US / Potato_FullPageCache.csv
app / design / adminhtml / default / default / layout / po_fpc.xml
app / design / adminhtml / default / default / template / po_fpc / cache_additional.phtml
app / design / frontend / base / default / layout / po_fpc.xml
app / design / frontend / base / default / template / po_fpc / debug.phtml
lib / Potato / Fpc / Mobile / Detect.php
- drop tables:
DROP TABLE po_fpc_storage;
DROP TABLE po_fpc_popularity;
DROP TABLE po_fpc_statistics;
Fee free to contact us with detailed information about your issue.
1.5.6 Released on 09 August 2017
* Bug fixes
1.5.5 Released on 02 August 2017
* Bug fix
1.5.4 Released on 31 July 2017
+ Link to FPC API guide added
+ Cron expression configuration added to the extension settings
+ Menu structure improved
1.5.3 Released on 31 July 2017
* Bug fix
1.5.2 Released on 27 June 2017
* Bug fix
1.5.1 Released on 26 June 2017
* Bug fix
1.5.0 Released on 02 May 2017
+ Possibility to use not just the database retrieve URLs for Crawler, but also sitemap.xml.
* Bug fixes
1.4.3 Released on 17 April 2017
* Bug fixes - HIT / MISS incorrect calculation from version 1.4.2
1.4.2 Released on 11 April 2017
* Bug Fixes
1.4.1 Released on 4 April 2017
* Bug Fixes
1.4.0 Released on 1 March 2017
+ Crawler logic improvement
* Bug Fix
1.3.4 Released on 14 December 2016
* Bug Fix
1.3.3 Released on 3 December 2016
* Bug Fix
1.3.2 Released on 02 November 2016
* Bug Fix
1.3.2 Released on 17 October 2016
* Bug Fix
1.3.0 Released on 15 October 2016
+ New option "Block Name Hints"
+ New option "Cache Auto-Refresh By Events"
* Bug Fixes
1.2.0 Released on 06 October 2016
+ Now crawler start warm cache from most popular pages
+ You can view page views statistics and its cache status
+ You can view cache hit/miss statistics
+ New options for managing crawler
+ Update cached block content without ajax
+ Stability and performance improvements
* Removed crawler daemon
* Bug fixes
1.1.0 Released on 22 April 2016
* Fixed an issue with caching AJAX requests
* Fixed an issue with caching HTTPs pages
* Fixed an issue with AJAX headers
+ Module performance improved
+ Cache management improved (search, flush)
+ Added an interface to flush cache by tag
+ Added “currency” tag to page cache
+ Added desktop/mobile device detection
+ Crawler logic improved. Added an ability to run crawler in daemon mode.
+ Crawler can cache pages for each customer group
+ Fixed an issue with Redis compatibility
+ Added an ability to see cache state and size for each store
+ Added support of widgets as a part of dynamic content
+ Added an ability to use API at app/code/community/Potato/FullPageCache/etc/custom.xml file
1.0.4 Released on 26 November 2015
1.0.3 Released on 03 June 2015
1.0.2 Released on 02 June 2015
1.0.1 Released on 29 March 2015
1.0.1 Released on 25 March 2015
- We Recommend