Checkout Address Autocomplete(v.1.1.2)
Checkout Address AutoComplete extension is designed to enhance Magento checkout with address autocomplete. Autocomplete is powered by Google Places API.
- Simplifies checkout process
- Autocomplete reduces typing errors in order addresses
- Decreases cart abandonment rate
- Compatible with onestepcheckout.com and aw_onestepcheckout
- FREE and LIFETIME support
Checkout Address AutoComplete extension is designed to enhance Magento checkout with address autocomplete.Autocomplete functionality is powered by Google .
Checkout is probably the most important part of any web store. It is important to make it user-friendly because bad interface increases abandonment rate. Users are impatient and can easily switch to another web store if it offers better interface. Even such simple thing like address autocomplete assistant makes the difference. Don't you hate it when you receive packages back because the address submitted was just slightly incorrect? Ugh, we too.
Why Magento stores need Google Address Autocomplete on checkout?
Simplify checkout process
Reduce typing errors in order addresses
Users make less effort to place an order
Abandonment rate decreases
The extension is designed to add address autocomplete to the following pages:
- Storefront checkout page
- Admin checkout page
- "My Addresses" page in customer's profile
- "Addresses" tab in customer's profile at admin panel
"Checkout Address Autocomplete" extension uses Google Places API.
The extension has a number of useful settings. For example, you can enable browser geolocation - this will help the extension to suggest more relevant locations. You can also limit autocomplete search results to a single country, which is very useful if the majority of your clients are from the same country (this feature is optional, of course).
You can also hide “powered by Google” logo. However, we and Google don’t recommend it.
There are also options for each address field (except country_id and region_id) that allow you to set a type of displayed name: long_name or short_name. For example, long ‘Street’ can be shortened to ‘St’. You can learn more in this Google documentation. Fields country_id и region_id can not be configured this way because they are dropdowns with predefined values in Magento. However, field region is configurable (this field is available for countries without predefined values in Magento).
Autocomplete output result depends on current store locale. Current store locale code is sent to Google API as a parameter when loading Google Places API. The result will be in the language of that locale. However, if input query in another language, then Google sometimes can output results in that language.
- 3 Reviews
Good investmentNice extension and awesome support. Anastasya was very fast and friendly to answer my questions. PotatoCommerce support made a customization with the checkout module used on my store. Thank you, Sergey!
I've chosen this extnesion because they also offer it for magento2, so I know that I can use same settings when upgrade to M2.
RecommendedGood extension. Does what it should. Support was excellent and fast.
Totally recommend it.Thank you for great extension, that really simplified checkout and made shopping experience more efficient. The development team responded to our support request promptly and released new version with requested feature within a day. Totally recommend it.
Magento CE 1.5.*, 1.6.*, 1.7.*, 1.8.*, 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168, 1.9.3* Magento EE 1.11.*, 1.12.*, 1.13.*, 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199, 1.14.3.* Compatible Browsers Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE8+
- We recommend you to backup your store before installation
- Go to Magento admin and disable compilation (Systems > Tools > Compilation > 'Disable' button) and flush store cache (System > Cache Management > 'Flush Magento Cache' button)
- Download the extension package from your account and extract the downloaded archive.
- Copy the content of extracted folder to your store's root directory
- Flush store cache again
- Log out from the backend and log in again.
- If you want to enable compilation, then you should run compilation process (Systems > Tools > Compilation > 'Run Compilation Process' button).
- Get a key for your website.
- Go to extension configuration (System > Configuration > PotatoCommerce Extension > Checkout Address Autocomplete ), enable and configure the extension.
- Flush store cache again
Q: After installing "Checkout Address Autocomplete" extension my store gives an error or a blank page.
A: Go to Magento Backend, Flush Store Cache (System > Cache Management> 'Flush Magento Cache' button), Logout and Login again.
Q: Autocomplete returns incorrect data. Why?
A: Autocomplete is powered by Google. Please make sure that it works as you expect at Google's Autocomplete Address Form. Please also note, that Magento has a set of predefined countries and states. This set can differ from what Google Places API returns. If the issue is reproducible only on your website, then contact us for the support.
Q: Hot to disable the extension is any emergency?
A: Open file /app/etc/modules/potato_addressautocomplete.xml and change 'true' to 'false'. Done.
Q: I think your extension has broken my checkout or caused another problem.
A: Please make sure that the problem is related to our extension. Open file /app/etc/modules/potato_addressautocomplete.xml and change 'true' to 'false'. It will disable the extension completely. If the issue disappeared, then please contact us for support. If the issue does not disappear, then our extension does not relate to the issue.
If FAQ did not help you, please, contact us with detailed information about your issue.
countryInput - country value is taken from this field if country restriction is used + onchange event to start the search.
onAddressChangedCallback - callback for 3rd-party modules. It is called after all address fields are fulfilled by new data.
triggerAjaxList - If the form is changed after some of the Ajax requests (for example in some OSC), then we need to re-init the address form. This field contains an array of URLs which is used to update our form. For example, it is 'checkout/onepage/saveBilling' for shipping form.
addressForm - list of all fields which will be updated. Structure of each field is the following:
- 'region_id' - unique ID
- 'inputId' - selector of an inputted field
- 'component' - component from 'place' object from Google Places API
- 'name_type' - short_name or long_name
- 'processorName' - name of custom function inside object, which is used to handle the value with extended logic. In this case region_id is a dropdown, where the value is being dynamically changed upon country selection. Regions in Magento are digits, but Google API returns strings (long or short). This function makes search by all values so that to compare it with values RegionUpdater and tries to find digital accordance.
1.1.2 (Released on 16.01.2018)
1.1.1 (Released on 10.07.2017)
1.1.0 (Released on 12.02.2017)
+ Integration with one step checkout by Aheadworks
+ Integration with one step checkout by Idev (onestepcheckout.com)
1.0.1 (Released on 26.10.2016)
1.0.0 (Released on 17.10.2016)
- We Recommend